BUSINESS BOOK EDITING
MAKE YOUR BOOK PACK A PROFESSIONAL PUNCH
Editing a book can be tough, especially if you’ve never done it before. It’s a dull but critical process, and having the right advice helps you pace your work, preventing it from being rushed and error-prone or dragging on too long. Looking at your own work objectively is quite a challenge and an extra pair of experienced eyes helps avoid rookie mistakes that let your book down.
Note: There’s no premium coaching with editing but I can refer you to editors who will edit your book for you. If you’d like my feedback on how well you’re editing with the checklist, please book a one-hour call and we can review a chapter together.
THE ULTIMATE BUSINESS BOOK EDITING CHECKLIST
A Self-Guided Checklist with worked examples
“Sharpen your editing skills with this all-encompassing guide!”
You’ve battled through the drafting stage and come out victorious, a first draft clutched in your triumphant hands. That’s an achievement worthy of a hearty cheer, but remember, your journey isn’t over yet. It’s time for editing – a step many underestimate, yet it’s here that the true magic happens.
This guide won’t just illuminate the path ahead, it’ll arm you with the tools, tips, and techniques needed to turn your draft from good to blindingly brilliant.
Inside, you’ll find packed in 41 clear and concise pages:
- The critical reasons why editing deserves your full attention: Discover the primary stages of editing and why they’re worth every drop of sweat and every chewed-up pencil. (10 solid reasons)
- First draft health check: Don your doctor’s coat and get ready to give your draft a thorough examination. A handy checklist will guide you through the essentials you need to consider, from structure to images. (14-point checklist)
- Detailed draft examination: Scrutinise your writing for any traces of bad writing habits. From jargon to readability, we’ll leave no stone unturned. (24-point checklist)
- Detailed formatting review: Learn how to check your text for consistent formatting and why it’s crucial for professionalism and readability. (3 vital steps)
- Recruit and manage your beta readers: Uncover the secrets of finding the right beta readers, keeping them engaged, and making the most of their feedback. (5 key emails and 2 worksheets)
- Review and apply beta reader feedback: Understand how to implement feedback effectively and make changes that enhance your manuscript. (5-step process)
- Two unique worksheets: To streamline your feedback assessment and manage your beta readers effectively.
What’s more, your success is the top priority here. That’s why there’s a 30-day no-quibble guarantee. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the guide you’ll get a full refund your money, no questions asked. So, you can try out this comprehensive guide completely risk-free. (But you’re going to love it, and the results you see will prove it! Promise!)
Take a deep breath and prepare to plunge into a journey that will not only polish your book but also fortify your skills as a writer. It’s time to mould your draft into a captivating narrative that your readers will relish, appreciate, and most importantly, trust. So, let’s get started, yeah?
Yours for just £29.
My business book editing packages are designed for those who thrive on structure and are excited about creating a robust, well-edited book from the outset. If you prefer to rush the editing and risk mistakes creeping in later, or wash your hands of it entirely and ask your nephew or neighbour to ‘check your spelling’, this editing process will not be the best fit for you. If you’ve been following all the checklists to this point, your book should be in pretty good shape already. If you’ve been working on your book with no guidance and you’ve never published on before, allow extra time to get your editing chops up to scratch.