Where are the visitors you envisioned making a beeline to your website?
If they’re missing, then you might not be doing the right things to promote your website.
Just like the offline world, promoting a site means employing techniques to make consumers aware of its existence and the products and services it sells and making them believe that they need these products to enhance the quality of their lives.
And to do this, you have to show them that your site, products and services are better than similar ones in the market.
The home page of your website should be tailored to the typical needs of your visitors, showcasing your products and services clearly so visitors know what your site is all about and how you can help them. It’s just the same principle as laying out your show window if you were a bricks and mortar business.
As a website owner, you can post advertisements on popular sites like Yahoo! and Google – if you have a deep well to draw finances from. The problem is that eats up a lot of money, and you still might not get any sales. It’s useful to run a small campaign to see if your site converts those all important sales, but if your campaigns fail, it’s an unsustainable strategy.
So what do you do if you’re broke and still need website traffic?
To promote your website and drive traffic to it without draining your bank account, here are cost effective techniques you can use:
- Spread the news to family and friends. Word of mouth is a very powerful tool. The average person knows about 250 people close enough to tell them about it.
- Enroll in a leads service on the Internet that will refer leads to your website. Getting the right service will give you a positive return on your enrollment fee.
- Join forums by posting your insights and opinions that will help others. This gives you credibility and enhances your image as an expert. This will also refer people to your site.
- Place Solo Ads in intended ezines. As electronic newsletters aimed at particular groups, this indirectly advertises your products and is a method that always produces results.
- Lure would-be clients with Google Adwords. They get directed to your site when they search for words or phrases you have chosen.
- Give out promotional handouts to people you meet. It is a proven method to create awareness and direct them to your site.
- Advertise in the newspaper classified ads. Weekly papers don’t cost much to advertise in yet bring you the income you are after. Choose those that are read by your target market.
- Write and publish articles that will showcase your competencies and attract clients to your website.
- Start a blog. Blogging is very flexible regarding the amount of content you put in. You can create copy that will direct potential customers to your website and back.
- Write an eBook. If you can’t, or won’t, then have one written for you. The eBook should refer and link readers to your site all throughout. Having an eBook says you’re an authority on your subject and people can learn from you. Give free eBooks, too.
That’s ten simple yet effective ways to promote your website and earn you income. It’s like having the town crier making the rounds and announcing the birth of your website with loudspeakers. The internet is continually evolving. Make it work for you.